February 8, 2013
March 4, 2009
- What open source implementation of Lisp do you prefer and why?.
- Sequential sharpsign-plusses?.
- John Backus and function level programming.
- SBCL Slime and emacsW32.
- help with function please.
February 4, 2009
- Adrienne released the solutions to Lisp 3rd edition by Horn and Winston, see: NAILS
- clnuplot-0.2.2 is available.
- lift and moptilities.
- Ready Lisp version 20090130 now available.
- Why Language Extensibility Matters.
- Any Lisp tutorials?
- How to put tab into format.
- Fexprs more flexible, powerful, easier to learn? See also challenged by Common Lispers.
- Input file with commas.
- What gives you power in CL, that you don’t have in other languages.
- Learning Lisp the hard way.
- Writing a Windows Service in Common Lisp.
- Kent Pitman’s essay on why lisp doesn’t have copying of lists a comment by Xah Lee.
- How to tokenize a string?
- How to COMPILE-FILE without a file?
January 21, 2009
- A Symbolics Lisp machine is being sold.
- Lisp on the JVM – a list of Lisp implementations on the JVM.
- Processing XML-formatted documents in CL.
- Do two uses of backquote return the same result?
- The preference of protected-form and cleanup-form in unwind-protect.
- How to efficiently parse a CSV file into lists?
- How to access several slot values in a single dispatch?
- Simple XML Serialization for a hashtable.
- How to create function args from a lisp.
- A nice algorithms question from Kenneth Tilton.
January 15, 2009
- ITA Software will start distributing software for the Free Software World (Qitab – the CL.net project).
- ANN: Mudball updates.
- Gruff – and RDF graph browser from Franz Inc.
- Lisp meetings coming in the next week(s).
- A Loop curiosity
- How to build ECL on Windows?
- Unicode and CL compatibility.
- What ARM Lisp compilers are there?
- What Lisp to use on Windows?
- How to check whether there is ASDF installed?
- “Lisp server pages” implementations.
- Performance differences between struct and CLOS.
- Which graduate program uses Lisp as research tool?
January 8, 2009
- Kadir Pekel shows how to install Hunchentoot behind Nginx.
- Dave shows how to use Lisp, CouchDB and cl-couch.
- The Jake says: Everything you need to get started with Common Lisp.
- Rob Warnok shows basic tips for Lisp development in Vim and Mikael Jansson explains how to get Lisp forms arguments in Vim.
- Joe Marshall discusses advantages of Lisp and Scheme for developing DSL. Tlareywi asks whether you know any languages implemented on Lisp?
- …A dumb mistake involving closures… — optimization tips.
- Optimizing big array sorting and simple integer arithmetic.
- Making Lisp Popular is still one of the most active topics.
- Budden asks what is the best way to implement a virtual file system in Common Lisp.
- Nils M Holm wants to share his Lisp books.
- Mariano Montone asks how to access slot’s metaobject through MOP.
- Is it possible to serialize functions/clozures in Common Lisp?
- Bidirectional Streams.
- Trittweiler about his talk to the Munich Lisp Group about SLIME.
December 24, 2008
- Type system and type inference in CL.
- How to load a file into the package?
- Recovering the ALU Wiki.
- What is the best way to start LISP on OS X Leopard?
- How to crosscompile on Linux to Windows?
- Jens Teich asks how to compare and highlight differences in nested lists?
- Mark Tarver asks are commercial Lisps faster than SBCL?
- MishoM asks whether making Common Lisp popular is possible.
- A message from the ALU Board of Directors regarding the ALU Wiki.
December 17, 2008
- Jerome Baum releases Erlang-like threads in Common Lisp implementation.
- New Allegro CL module that provides access to Amazon Elastic Cloud (EC2) API.
- LispForum.com members tops 450.
- Light Lispful Linux — Linux live CD for people willing to try Lisp without installing anything.
- Kaz Kylheku demonstrates PKG, a Lexicons-killer read macro.
- Alexander Lehmann publishes a series of screencasts “Writing a simple raytracer in Common Lisp”.
- Jake Voytko demonstrates Evolving Genetic Algorithms in Lisp.
- Scott asks how to process a sequence.
- Chris Riesbeck asks what is the correct result of `(,@10).
- Denes Cselovs asks how to optimize interpolation.
- How to implement Clojure-style hash accessors in CL?
- Ron Garret asks how to get a list of names of slots in a class.
- Albert Krewinkel sparcs a discussion on the programming style.
- Bob Felts asks what are the best-practices for reading binary files?
December 10, 2008
- Plexippus XPath released — this is the first public release of the pure Common Lisp XPath implementation. See also the examples.
- Hunchentoot is reported to be working on ECL on Win32.
- Lexicons 2.0 (beta) released.
- cl-php version 1.2.1 released — LLGPL licensed library to simplify developing Web-applications using Common Lisp.